• Optional 800 gallon or 1,600 gallon fuel tank
• Fine scale handrails and stanchions
• Golden-white LEDs
• Painted hand rails
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
for optimum performance at all speeds
• Directional lighting
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
• Separately-applied wire grab irons
• MU hoses and coupler cut bars
• Two painted crew members
• NMRA 21 pin plug for DCC
DCC Operation Features:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation Features:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series
locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an
Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder
on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions
of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series locomotive can
be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped
locomotive CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does
not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to
DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
Sound Functionality Features:
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and
shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air
horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
• There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user
selectable synchronized brake squeals.
• Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change
modes “on the fly” are provided for true realism.