Between 1966 and 1974, EMD produced 807 of the 12-cylinder SW1500 switchers. These prolific switchers are easily recognized by their high mounted walkways, tall, low-radius arched roof cab, dual exhaust stacks, and a long hood headlight. EMD offered the SW’s with either the standard AAR type A trucks or the optional Flexicoil designed trucks. More than half of the railroads chose the Flexicoil trucks.
Our model, of course, maintains our high standard for quality and detail. Beyond the high level of detail, these DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the Paragon3 sound and control system with Rolling ThunderTM!. Each Paragon3 locomotive comes with BLI’s own integral DCC Decoder factory installed with Rolling ThunderTM bass transmitter for use with your BLI Rolling ThunderTM bass expansion system. Paragon3 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with: superb back EMF motor control in DC and DCC, recordable DCC operation for automated playback.
EMD’s SW1500 was a capable switcher that saw distinguished duty for many railroads. BLI’s model is ready for duty on your layout, and like all BLI locomotives, she looks, operates, and sounds great!
– NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
– Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
– Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
– Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
– Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater