The EMD SD40-2 is a 3,000 horsepower (2,240 kW) diesel-electric locomotive built by General Motors Electro-Motive Division between January 1972 and February 1986.
3,957 examples were built, and every class 1 railroad in North America has operated this locomotive. Part of the EMD Dash 2 line, the SD40-2 was an upgraded SD40 with modular electronic control systems, HT-C trucks, and many other detail improvements. The SD40-2 is one of the best-selling diesel locomotive models of all time. Broadway Limited Imports is proud to bring to your layout this American staple locomotive.
These versatile and reliable locomotives have also seen service in Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Guinea.
– NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
– Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
– Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
– Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
– Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater