2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Amtrak, the US national passenger network. Amtrak has defied all the odds to reach this incredible milestone, and it’s important that we celebrate this tremendous achievement.
In celebration, Rapido is honored to offer a special LIMITED EDITION model of Amtrak #4316, the first E-8 that Amtrak painted in what would become a one-off paint scheme. The E8 was the backbone of Amtrak’s early locomotive fleet, and what better way is there to celebrate America’s national passenger railroad?
Each sound-equipped model of 4316 will be packaged in an engraved wood presentation box and include a unique enamel pin as well as a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Rapido president Jason Shron and Amtrak’s Matt Donnelly. We are only taking orders until January 15th, 2021. We will not take any orders beyond that date nor will we make any extras. We will not be reproducing this model in the future. You’ve got one chance to get yours.
Rapido’s E8 Amtrak #4316 model features:
- 3D laser-scanned body shell
- Accurate nose and roof contours
- Unique nose with missing MU door
- Correct back ends
- Correct steam generator details
- Passenger pilot
- Correct Farr side grills
- Rebuilt side panels without portholes
- No fuel tank skirts
- PRR-style nose lift lugs
- Heavy die-cast chassis
- Smooth running drive system with all wheels powered
- Complete lighting effects – headlights, class lights, backup lights, ground lights, cab lights and more
- Numerous other detail parts in both plastic and etched metal,