Built in the late 1980s by GE, the DASH 8-40B diesel locomotives were identified by their dynamic brake gear located along the roof line between the cab and engine compartment, with ventilation provided by large roof-top grilles. These four-axle, high horsepower engines are still in service today in North America.
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Painted crew figures
- Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- Highly detailed coupler cut bars
- Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
- Shock absorbers
- Piping on trucks
Roadname: Saratoga & North Creek
The Saratoga and North Creek Railway is a heritage railway that began operation in July 2011 in the upper Hudson River region of the Adirondack Mountains, in the U.S. state of New York.
The railroad currently operates between North Creek and Saratoga Springs, New York, where it connects with Amtrak’s Ethan Allen Express and Adirondack services.