- Three different hood styles (angled air filter box, square air filter box, standard hood)
- Exhaust stacks: with or without muffler
- Long hood sand fill: recessed or extended
- Rear sand fill: Three variations of sand boxes behind cab
- Pilot: standard or with snow plow
- Separately-applied scale detail parts include: windshield wipers, metal grab irons, coupler cut levers, multiple-unit hoses, snow plow, train line hoses, fine scale handrails, and more!
- See through step detail on sill
- Etched metal radiator grilles
- Painted crew members
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Coupler pocket designed to accept AccuMate® Proto-couplers
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting with golden-white LEDs
Atlas Master® Series Silver Additional Features:
- NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC (Decoder-ready)
The 1500hp MP15DC was designed by EMD as a replacement model for the successful SW1500 switcher. The longer frame of the MP15DC allowed for increased fuel capacity and the use of Blomberg road trucks; increased sand capacity was also offered as an option. The first MP15DCs were built for Missouri Pacific in February 1974 and a total of 351 units were produced through the end of production in January 1983.
The MP15DC is a versatile locomotive that is employed by both large and small railroads across North America in road freight and yard switching duties. It was also purchased by several non-railroad corporations for use in plant switching service.
Atlas’ model includes the three different styles of long hood that were common to the MP15DC throughout production: standard hood, hood with square air filter box and hood with angled air filter box (the air filter box is located in the area immediately ahead of the cab). In addition, various styles of hood and cab-end sand boxes are being offered. The model will also include a see-through cab with various interior details and crew figures included.